Saturday, July 6, 2013

Miles Redd Transforms a Bahamas Beach House

Be still my heart! The August issue of Architectural Digest features the show-stopping Bahamas beach home of an adventurous Houston family, decorated by the insanely talented Miles Redd.

Pineapple Hill, the 5,500-square-foot residence located in the exclusive Lyford Cay club, is just 10 years old. But it was covered in beige and grass cloth and furnished in traditional plantation style... and Redd had decided to recast the house along more colorful, theatrical lines, as only Miles Redd can do.

“I envisioned it as part Babe Paley and part Auntie Mame, with a dash of Texas brio and a splash of daiquiri,” Redd proclaimed to Architectural Digest. “The vibe nods to Serge Roche, Emilio Terry, John Dickinson, and Syrie Maugham,” he said.

That is my kind of house... Let's take a little sneak peek inside!

The living room walls and ceiling are covered in a China Seas fabric, with curtains to match; the sofa is by Oscar de la Renta Home for Century Furniture, the antique slipper chair is clad in a blue Global Leathers hide, the floor lamps are by Ralph Lauren Home, and the white garden seat is by Williams-Sonoma Home.

In the octagonal entry hall, a chandelier by Antonson is suspended from a ceiling clad in alternating fabrics by Duralee (white) and Perennials (blue). Timothy Oulton mirrors from ABC Carpet & Home are installed atop wallpaper by Fromental, while sofas covered in a China Seas fabric are accented by pillows in Scalamandré (blue) and Clarence House (white) silks. The cocktail tables are by Oly; the compass on the floor was painted by decorative artist Chris Pearson.
 
The existing grass-cloth wall covering in the television room was stenciled over by Pearson and hung with art, including parrot illustrations from Natural Curiosities; the Dune sectional is clad in an Osborne & Little fabric.
 
Want to see more? Pick up a copy of AD’s August issue, on newsstands July 9, click here to view the slideshow, or download the digital edition to see more photos and to read the complete story!

10 comments:

  1. I'm heading over now -- LOVE LOVE LOVE this as you can see from Pinterest : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not gotten by hands on the August AD...but I need to very soon!! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, was this beautiful! I think I pinned most of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GASP!! As always, your posts are chalk-full of yummy glam!!! Love this home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SWOON-WORTHY...what more is there to say!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures!!!! I especially love the navy and fuchsia television room! I am following you and your exquisite taste on Pintrest now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drop dead fabulous house!! I grew up with those beachy sisal rugs do you have the source for them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the China Seas fabric, and that Williams-Sonoma garden stool is my favorite--I featured it in my most recent Monday Makeover post! And that television room is to die for--I can't believe the walls are stenciled--it looks so much like Imperial Trellis! I'm getting ideas ;) Anyway, I don't know how anyone could pay attention to a TV in there--not even Real Housewives! I love those parrot illustrations--worlds nicer than the ones my parrot head husband has ;) OK--off to explore Natural Curiosities now...and to pick up a copy of Architectural Digest, of course! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm kind of crazy about the tv room! Love the patterned walls lined with wallart!

    Xo Courtney Q || ColorMeCourtney.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. They absolutely make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips