Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Oh, The Joys of Renovation!

Many of my lovely readers have been asking how our renovation is coming along... Well, as with all renovations, we have experienced delays. Major delays. Why? The not so lovely permitting process of Coral Gables' building and zoning department that the Miami Herald has described as "long maligned as an unfriendly, even hellish place to do business..."

It took us six months, SIX MONTHS! to get our permits for renovation. Have you ever heard of such a thing?? We are not building a skyscraper here, we're just trying to renovate a 1970's house that would make The Brady Bunch feel right at home! I won't go into the gory details, so to put it nicely let's just say it has been a most unpleasant experience.

The good news is that we FINALLY received our permits, and so over the next few months, I will be posting pictures and updates on the renovation of The Glam Pad. I hope you will follow along! Now, I am off to celebrate with a bit of bubbly!!

Slim Aarons
 
Marilyn Monroe in The Seven Year Itch

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see! I can relate- we live in an area that also has a lot of restrictions! We actually moved a half mile away (in the same area) just to get a lot size large enough that we did not have to deal with the zoning board and all of that stuff! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awful! Glad you are finally past that ridiculous hurdle. Can't wait to see what you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the waiting game is over for you! I'm really looking forward to following your renovations!

    The Perfect Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to follow along! It's worth waiting for. Please show us as many pictures are you can. I love seeing the changes along the way.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments. They absolutely make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips